I’m here today to share a list of the essential questions that you need to ask any Realtor before you decide to hire them to help you buy or sell a home. Always include the following questions when you’re interviewing someone:
1. “What’s the best price you can get for my home?” Some agents will give you a hunch or a lofty estimate just to keep you happy. I’m actually going to go over the data from your subdivision so I can show you a realistic price and a realistic timeline so that you can make informed decisions and price to sell. Overpricing leads to homes sitting on the market, frustration, and ultimately, less money.
2. “Do you work full-time or part-time?” There are about 13,000 Realtors in the city of Austin, but there are only about 2,000 to 3,000 transactions in a given month. This means that there are very few agents who are getting enough exposure to keep current with the market and properly guide you through the process. If you work with a part-time agent, they are only going to make time for you when they aren’t working on their primary job. My primary job is real estate, and I have a full team behind me to help guide you throughout the entire process.
3. “How many homes have you sold?” People tend to focus on how many years someone has been in the business, but this question gets to the point faster. You want to make sure you’re working with someone who is consistently helping a lot of people buy and sell homes. For example, our team has already helped over 65 families buy and sell homes this year after helping 112 in 2018.
4. “What will you do that’s different from other agents?” A real estate agent can’t do it all on their own. Our team hires a professional stager to help you show your home in its best light and I cover the fee. Our focus is on helping you maximize your bottom line.
5. “How often will I hear from you?” You want an agent who’s responsive, prompt, and proactive. We share feedback from showings and open houses with all of our clients as soon as we get it. We work together throughout the process to improve showings, increase communication, and help you find homes that meet your criteria.
I hope you found this information helpful. If you’d like to learn more or want to ask me some of these questions, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email today. I look forward to hearing from you soon.